Zen Chi Ryu Insignia
This is a symbol of wisdom and is the guardian at the gate of supreme knowledge.
This represents the starting point or the opening of one’s mind to knowledge.
Represent the sky to remind us that there is no limit to our capabilities when we apply the Strong Mind code.
- Peony represents Spring, love, affection.
- Lotus represents Summer, fruitfulness.
- Chrysanthemum represents Autumn, happiness.
- Plum represents Winter, long healthy life.
- Peach represents immortality.
On the Grading certificate, the horizontal Yin / Yang symbol denotes the importance of Male and Female co – existence and their equality within the style. The twelve symbols are the Oriental Zodiac, which represent the different dimensions of Human personality and experience.
The 5 colours depicted above represent the 5 elements of the Universe, which surrounds us in everyday life.
They are explained as follows:
- Green = Earth, the foundation upon which everything is built.
- Red = Fire, the source of heat. A destructive force but also symbolic of re – birth.
- Blue = Water, adopts the shape of its rectangle – shapeless.
- White = Wind, un unseen force of power felt by everything, cannot be contained
- Black = Void, complete emptiness – free of any pre – conceived notions of who you are or what you are doing.
The capacity to live in the moment – a metaphor for mindfulness. Contains each of the elements and transcends them all.
- Kokoro: Heart, conviction
- Zen: Meditation of the highest order
- Kiri: Obligation, duty
- Seishi – o – Choetsu: Transcending thoughts of life and death
- Chi: Internal strength
Thus, transcend the obligations of everyday life and you will have ultimate wisdom – Strong Mind.
The Strong Mind medallion is awarded to all Zen Chi Ryu Black Belts. Silver rings are awarded to those Black Belts who have actively trained for 10 years. Gold rings are awarded to those special people who have demonstrated their loyalty and commitment to Zen Chi Ryu for having actively trained for 15 years.